Thursday 1 December 2011

Deck The Halls

An Australian Christmas may be hot and dry, but that doesn't mean we don't get into the spirit of Christmas and decorate for the occasion. One of the greatest joys of being a crafter is putting those skills to good use at Christmas time and going over the top to add to the feeling of festive cheer. Red and green is predominant in my decorating and I tend just to add to the mix each year.
My christmas Quilt designed by Lynette Anderson.

a collection of stitcheries to cover the heater


A Christmas tree of homemade and bought decorations
An angel to reside over the tree
My angel happy that the tree is up at last


Hand made elves that I bought at Christmas craft fair

Lynette Andersens quilt in detail. I had fun adding beads and buttons to add detail






A wreath made from the flowers that were used for our wedding table decorations

a lovely lace hydrangea that I  bought to brighten the outside entrance, I'll plant it in the garden later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments