Saturday 15 September 2012

Birds of a Feather




 

Walking on the beach tonight and my sister and I were greeted by an unusual sight of a flock of galahs feasting on beach grasses. Although pink galahs are common enough in Adelaide they don't usually hang around the beach to feed. There must be a plentiful supply of seeds currently.
Isn't the sky a lovely colour in the first photo?


These photos were taken on my phone so are a bit grainy. I wish I had my camera with me




And another small treasure found is this lovely bright yellow shell. Every now and then I find one washed up on the shore - natures beauty abounds.


I'm still working on the quilt as you go quilt, I'm trying to finish the blocks before piecing together so will be a little while longer before I do the second half of the tutorial. If I don't do it this way I'll abandon it and get distracted by another project. Sometimes I am easily led astray.

I've been a little busy in the last few weeks. My eldest has been ill and several trips to the doctor later and a week off of school and he is finally better - he had a really good dose of gastro although I am still not entirely convinced it was this.

I have also been busy applying for another job (nursing related) and still have the interview process to go through in a couple of weeks time. Fingers crossed. I have the qualifications to fulfill the position so it just depends on whom else applies for the position.

Anyway stay safe keep happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments