Saturday 25 January 2014

Story Blocks - A Golden Book Block Buster!





Last year I specifically bought Golden Books to make gift tags, VIEW HERE. I bought the books that looked dilapidated but  still had nice pictures in them. ( I bought a lot of books to keep because I dont have the heart to cut them up as well.)

Some time ago I got my dad to cut me up some wooden blocks. My original intention was to make up sets of blocks with the seasons on it. That didn't work out and my efforts looked really trashy. So in the back shed the blocks sat until I saw someone else had made up block with Beatrix Potters Book pages on them. Mmm ..that got me thinking about all those little golden books sitting in my cupboard.

So here are my collection of story blocks. If I can find a second copy of the books I am going to make up little gift sets for young children. Stacking blocks to play with and follow the story


GARFIELD





ANIMAL BLOCKS FROM THE LION'S PAW




THE GRASSHOPPER AND THE ANTS





SESAME STREET : I THINK THAT'S WONDERFUL





SLEEPING BEAUTY









THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS





4 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is a brilliant idea and so, so much fun!! Many a child will have many a delightful hour, entering the Land of Make Believe, playing with these blocks!! Quite simply brilliant, Monique!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sarah I wish it was my idea but these type of blocks have been around for a long time but I do agree with you they are fun

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful idea Monique and a lovely way of repurposing those beautiful picture books.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Zara but I can't claim the idea as my own..these puzzle blocks were around when I was a kid many, many moons ago.

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments