Saturday 20 September 2014

Spoke Wheel Scarf


Today a  drive to Strathablyn to take a few photographs of the completed spoke wheel flower scarf (finally) with my girlfriend Julianne and a spot of antique shopping as well.
What a beautiful sunny day and such brilliant light. We spotted the lovely purple haze of the salvation Jane on the hillside and thought it would make a good spot to take photos. I really wanted to hang the scarf from one of the barren branches at a distance but was impeded by barbed wire on the fencing. The last time I climbed barbed wire I ended up ripping my jeans straight up the backside, so instead I utilised the fence.


Further down the road and another flush of purple attracts attention and not at all difficult to get at.







My friend Julianne styling the scarf very well indeed!




I really do not like to be photographed.



A great ball of sun on the way down over the hills (photographed by Julianne)


Such a lovely sun filled day and a few nice antique shops visited too. I didn't buy anything but Julianne found some TG Green cornishware to add to her collection.

15 comments:

  1. I love how you "staged" your spoke wheel scarf for photographing! The scarf itself is beautiful - such wonderful colors - but incorporating it into the lovely landscape is genius. I must try this sometime, because it makes for a beautiful blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually find that taking the time to go out and photograph my craft projects gets me out and about in my surrounding countryside - the equivalent to a Sunday drive. It allows me to go on adventures and means I can spend some time with friends. Makes for finishing a craft item a little bit more special and as you say livens up the blog posts.

      Delete
  2. Aww....you look lovely wearing your gorgeous scarf. 'Tis filled with gorgeous colour, love it. Love all those purple blossoms and the paddock of purple flowers is quite spectacular. Spring is singing a merry dance in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Kim but I still dislike standing in front of the camera whereas my kids never stop taking photographs of themselves. Funny that how having technology within your finger tips all the time can make you feel more comfortable about your digital image

      Delete
  3. beautiful scarf and THE perfect photo shoot! My I loved seeing your countryside, and your dear friend. You both are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen for the LOVELY compliments :) The countryside always looks green and lush after winter, but it wont take long to look brown and completely different.

      Delete
  4. Looks like great fun! Love the photo in the phone box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old red phone box is not such a visible feature on the streets anymore , most are aluminum, so when I saw this one in Strathalbyn I had to snap it

      Delete
  5. such a beautiful scarf. I love love love the phone box photos, such a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red phone box was a stand out in town and just said photograph me. thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Wow, I loooove this scarf! Is there a pattern (I can buy)? I took a look at the rest of your blog and it's so inspiring to go outside ánd to make things nice inside. I like it!
    You're a great photographer. I will keep track of your postings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi len, I/ll write the pattern for you in the next week (tomorrow I go back to work) . It is not hard to do. Cheers and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monique! Your scarf is so beautiful! I love crochet scarhs. Your photos are also fantastic! Looks like you had a great day! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice scarf…bright and beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments