Thursday 19 March 2015

Fine Feathered Friends

 Out the front yard tonight, the ususal crowd scrabbling for dinner. Noisy , messy things they are! These screechy little rascals make a real racous noise and skit from tree to tree in no time flat. I took over an hour (playing in the traffic whilst I was standing out on the road) to capture these guys. I took lots of photos of half a bird..no sooner had you gained focus and they would move onto the next branch or tree. I really would love to get a shot of on of them in flight - coming in for a landing - they really look quite spectacular. Anyway I have culled the photos down (I could have added more) but you can get too much of a good thing. I love this first photo because these guys look so chummy....whispering sweet nothings into each others ear! Anyway enjoy my colourful friends and the trees they play in.




















2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    I have never seen these birds in nature.
    You are ever so Lucky to live where you do.

    The pictures are gorgeous,
    how I would have liked to be there with you.

    What kind of noises do they make? Can it be compared with any other bird?Which one?
    When I saw the first picture I thought they were not real. so cute.

    I adore the pictures of the birds in the flower bushes.
    I might use them in my own blog some day with a reference to you of course. would that be all right?

    You have been quiet for some time now, everything okay?

    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you are lucky to see such colorful birds! We have cardinals, blue jays, woodpeckers that are colorful, I can't think of any more right now.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments