Monday 5 October 2015

Clearview Farm, Hamley Bridge

vcvckmjkhjllh

I have just had the pleasure of spending part of the long weekend north of Adelaide in a quaint country town of Hamley Bridge, SA on Clearview Farm with my sister and friend.
We arrived just before sunset and went for a stroll amongst the wheat fields to enjoy the glowing embers of the sun.

 kj
It really is mesmerising watching the stalks glow golden and sway with rustle of heads  in the gentle breeze. The heads of wheat look healthy and will hopefully receive a few more doses of rain before the dry sets in and the heads mature. (This may not occur as we have already hit the mid 30's Celsius over the weekend and we are not halfway through Spring)


The patches of dry grasses and red dirt remind you of what the surroundings will look like in summer, but for now everything is lush and green.


The wheat silos of the farm even look interesting in this light. 


Panoramic views of sweeping plains.


 Can't get away from technology, mind you we were taking photos!


 Great way to get my hay fever going by climbing into the grasses to pose for photos. Diana didn't seem to be bothered.


Look what happens when you put the two of us together. FOOLS



opposing directions, differing light.




Yes I know I am the most amazing thing you have ever seen but really must you stare!



And the next day following the creek bed I spied a greater bird in the distant tree. - It's quite far away but I decided to zoom in and take a few shots as I moved in. Most birds get skitty and fly away as you approach if they dont recognise you as a regular visitor.
I was really surprised to see it was a white owl. And I just absolutely love the browed expressions over the eyes. I always thought this look was made up.






ttomorrow I will take you into Clare to visit some ruins

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos of your excursion! now is that your sister in the photo with you?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments