Friday 22 January 2016

January Finishes



 I bought this framed vintage car in an op shop and immediately thought about tearing it out of the frame and making a boys baby quilt out of it. Thank you very much to the maker, whom has painstakingly cross stitched this for me. Colour Inspiration- check, center focus - check , and left over triangles in brights already cut for me. Easy Peasy.. rip up an old sheet and quilt made in two afternoons. Got to be pretty happy with that! I put a running tacking stitch in red to give a little interest in the zigzag. One down , two girl quilts to go!


I riffled through all the bits of printed cottons I had and started whipping up cushions. Some I have crocheted edges to, others left simple.
I have also eco dyed some cloth to get leaf imprints on the fabric . I have then echoed the eco print with either a eucalypti flower or the actual leaf shape. 






 And more printing
magnolia flower and seed pods
Fan shapes




That's my crafted lot!

1 comment:

  1. And what an imaginative crafted lot you have dreamed up! You are a bit of a clever pants. =) That quilt is inspired. Gosh you have a talent with colour. Love, love, LOVE the blue and white fan cushions......these are quite simply, paradisiacal!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments