Thursday 24 March 2016

Object Magic

I''m a little slow these days in blogging, the main reason can be attributed to the fact that it takes a huge amount of time for me to upload my photos on to the computer....and most of the time I cant be bothered waiting. By the time I get round to writing - it is old news. So to all those whom follow me on instagram there will be some old news.
That being said I also have photos from my visit to the South Australian  Art Gallery which currently has a showing of Magic Objects. If you love fantasy and in particular in the form of blown glass then you will enjoy the fantasy workings of Adelaide born glass blower..Tom Moore
Also not to be missed as part of the exhibition , which is being held over several sites in Adelaide city is the Museum adjacent to the Adelaide Uni West Campus.

Tom Moore











 Just in case you are not impressed by his work.. here is a photo of 1/4 or the room. His work made me smile


Also in the art gallery a growing instillation which the public is free to add to (as we did, nothing like bringing out my inner child)



 My friend Richmal, concentrating on her creation and her daughter Emelene below

Do you still want to see more?
These are made by NELL..hand built ornaments based on the Japanese tomb decorations in various states of expression and humour



I just love the light in the chandelier hanging in the SAM TAG Museum + you can tell by the number of photos I was quite taken with it.









Inside the museum more of Object Magic..It is weird , alien, phallic, textural fantasy and a massive work! From out of this work, under this world and of the natural world...you decide.














Phew. Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing these pictures. the glass work is amazing. I saw some Dale Chihuly work in person but this artist takes the fantasy much further ! Some of the last pieces look like a combination of clay glass and fiber.
    Your fabric stamping looks really interesting. I've been meaning to blog about some of the dye work I've been doing but haven't gotten around to.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you and look forward to your comments